Friday, September 16, 2005

Hobie's ring arrived yesterday, and it fits! Whew! I was a bit worried because he has such a big size and the company I ordered from cannot size it or replace it, only offer me the opportunity to buy another size at half price. I also had it engraved, which means I couldn't return it at all if it wasn't right. But everything's great, and I don't have to worry about it anymore. It's a pretty big hunk of gold. I'm impressed. I might have it appraised.

Now that that is out of the way, we look at the other expenses. My mom sent me a check for $100 for "veil", so that counts toward my Additional Wedding Expenses (AWS). So that makes the current amount I need to save for this category $1900. If we count four months (Oct, Nov, Dec, and Jan), that will mean saving $475 a month. I can do that. I will do that.

My savings took a huge hit this month because Hobie and I bought ski gear and passes (something we've been talking about since last spring after giving it a try and renting gear last winter), but I will still have about $350 in it at the end of the month.

My dreams of a honeymoon I've put on hold again. I don't think that should be a priority right now. Hobie and I do want to travel more some day, but we can wait until we've got a stronger financial foundation (and more vacation time).

So I'm doing okay. I like knowing that even though I put over $1000 on the credit card this month, I'll be able to pay it off.

Hmmm... note to self: Now that we have jewelry and expensive sporting equipment in the house, not to mention Mary Kay inventory and electronics, maybe I should look into renter's insurance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home