Wednesday, February 01, 2006

I'm back

It's been a few months since I've posted here, but that doesn't mean I've given up on my financial goals. I've just been busy, and I'm not good at writing regularly.

The biggest news is that the wedding is this month! February 25, just 3 weeks and 3 days away. I'm very ready for it, and I'm looking forward to it being over so Hobie and I can return to the simple life.

The other big news is my net worth hit $5000 in January! That's more than 100% increase over December. I did do a pretty good job of saving and not spending, but over a quarter of that was my employer's deposit into my HSA, and another big chunk of the increase was due to more up-to-the-minute accounting now that I'm using Quicken. Still, that's huge, and it's a huge first step in my goal to raise my net worth by $10,000 in 2006 (total $12,500).

Speaking of goals, my other goals for 2006 are:
  • Pay off the loan to my dad.
  • Pay off the Discover Card.
  • Read one non-fiction book each month, and at least as many fiction and other books.
  • Merge finances with Hobie.
So for those who are keeping track, I increased my net worth in the first month of 2006 by 109%, which exceeded my monthly goal by 225%!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In additon to neo's list, you had the second highest percent increase in the first Bloggers' Net Worth Index by Moneysmartz. Great Month!

2/12/2006 1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home