Thursday, February 09, 2006

What's in Your Wallet?

I'm a sheep. I wanted to jump on the meme-wagon and share with everyone what I carry in my wallet. Thanks to Cap for starting all the fun.

I carry a canvas Jansport bifold wallet that I bought in college at the college bookstore sidewalk sale. It's held together pretty well for the last six or seven years, and I can just throw it in the wash when it gets smelly.



Like Clutter2Cash I'm not a "purse-carrying" kind of gal, except in the literal, non-euphemistic kind of way. I just throw everything I need for work into my laptop backpack, and on weekends I'm wearing jeans so my wallet fits nicely into my right butt pocket. Because I carry it back there I try to keep it as slim as possible. As I have no cash at the moment, it's working out quite well. It gets difficult to keep it slim when I'm winning at poker. :)

The contents:
Colorado Driver License
US Bank check card
Citi Dividend Platinum Select Mastercard
Swipey keycard thingy for work
Health insurance card
Social Security card*
Family doctor's business card
Noodles & Co. punch card

* I know, I know. I shouldn't be carrying this with me. Hopefully I can find a place to put this at home. It's a wonder I'm still on my original copy.

Some things you may think are missing:
Auto insurance card - that stays in the car, because when else am I going to need it?
Costco club card - this should be in the car, because we can't go to Costco without the car, but right now it's on the kitchen counter
Supermarket loyalty cards - Unfortunately, there are no Publixes in Colorado, so I was forced to get these when I moved here. King Soopers' is on my keychain, and Safeway lets us key in our phone number.
Gift cards - These are in a special gift card box at home. We only take them out when we plan a shopping trip. Hobie and I are not spontaneous shoppers.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you keep your car insurance in your car, what happens if it gets stolen? Do you keep copies at home?

I considered keeping my insurance and gas cards in my car but decided to keep lugging them around just in case.

2/15/2006 7:55 PM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Ya, I keep copies at home.

2/16/2006 2:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your wallet had a good month in February. You've been included in the February Bloggers' Net Worth Index at http://www.moneysmartz.com/weblog. You were at the top of the rankings in February.

3/08/2006 3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home