Monday, June 12, 2006

Net worth update; Hybrid tax credits

We had a pretty good month in May, increasing our net worth by about $1500. My car had another month of negative depreciation, my guess is because of gas prices and the fuel efficiency of my Vibe (number 10, baby!, and most efficient in its class (small wagon)).

Speaking of fuel efficiency, you know what perturbs me? If I were to purchase my vehicle all over again in 2006, I would receive no benefit from the government in the form of a tax credit. But for some reason, even though it is LESS efficient than the Vibe, they are rewarding those who purchase the Lexus hybrid with a $2200 credit. That's crap. :Þ

4 Comments:

Blogger Adventures In Money Making said...

how about a link exchange?

http://moneyshakerblog.com

10/01/2006 10:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, that doesn't make any sense. It's almost as though they're punishing people for purchasing more efficient cars. Do one of those plug-in hybrid conversions that get 100 MPG, and really let 'em have it. ;-)

Oh, and thanks for commenting on my blog! Do I know you, or were you just a visitor "passing through?" Either way, thanks for posting your comment! I really like your blog! Debt-free is the way to go, no doubt!

10/02/2006 7:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I've visited your blog ( http://pkthunder.blogspot.com ) and found out that it contains a lot of interesting and useful information for me. I'm searching for advertising. Can I buy links on your pages? Or can you write a post with the link to my site? How much does it cost? Please, let me know whether it suits you or not. Waiting for your soon reply. Thanks a lot.

9/10/2008 4:30 AM  
Blogger Kelly Bryson said...

Hey Kim- Thanks for stopping by the blog- Is it winter in CO yet? I post at least one blog a week. I'm not sure why it's not showing up in your updater. I copied the writing entries over to my writing blog, but it seems to have gone off without a hitch. Try again?
- Kelly
PS- we found the easiest way to get out of debt was to move in with the parents:)

10/23/2009 6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home